Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Overcoming Fears

It's been long, too long, since I last wrote here.

It started simply from not having anything to write about. And then there was too much to write about, and I knew not how. Then there were stages where I did not have time, or simply forgot of my blog. But since the longest time now, I've been afraid.

When in school, I was often commended for my writing. I did not think I deserved all the praise I got, but I could not help feeling a sense of pride in all the essays and letters sent my way to proofread before the final submission. I knew I had near perfect grammar, a decent vocabulary, and that I wasn't entirely devoid of style.

Of course, this was more than 7 years ago. Since then, and especially of late, I've been exposed to some really good writing. By friends, acquaintances and strangers alike. Such admirable clarity of thought and expression, as to make me wonder if I could ever achieve half as much through my writing. And so I could not bring myself to write anymore.

Today, finally, I've plucked up the courage to get myself to sit down, and write. And I hope you won't see me next three years later with a post beginning with "It's been long, too long...".

No comments:

Post a Comment